Why I Like Going to Concerts


Nothing can compare to the feeling of going to concerts. The sudden rise of your heartbeat when the lights turn off. Everyone starts screaming, including you, then you just stare at them for a moment thinking that the person/people you admire is right in front of you.  


Every time I go to concerts, I know that it’ll be a memorable experience. Though it’s kinda funny that I don’t remember my first concert. I only remember how I got into concerts. It’s because of my sister. She’d ask me if I want to go to this concert or that concert, I’d always say yes. 


Before the pandemic started, I’d go to concerts almost every month (kinda expensive but, I have my ways *wink* haha). It’s such an amazing experience every time I get to go to one. It feels surreal to meet, see, and hear the people you look up to the most or the people who make you happy. 




Though going to concerts are fun, there are also disadvantages. Like concerts are EXPENSIVE!! And when I say expensive, like really expensive. Some concerts cost about 15,000php max, but that’s if you want your position to be near the stage or see their faces clearly. There are also not-so-expensive tickets that cost around 800-2000php. It really depends on the artist, venue, and your seat. Also, food, water, and allowance are not included. So get ready to spend a lot. Traffic. We all know that it’s very traffic here in the Philippines. You need to leave your house early (depending on where you live and where the venue is located) to not be late or else you might miss some songs! Crowded people. Some concerts have loads of people. If you’re not a people person or if you don’t like crowded areas, don’t go in front, go at the back. You’ll get to breathe there, but there are a lot of phones. People would want to document everything!!! It’s not a bad thing, but it’s kinda sad. There’ll be times that you can only see phones instead of your faves (as a small person, this always happens to me). Last is, when you go to a concert and witness a not so lively performance. I went to a concert that I wasn’t fully satisfied with, but I was still happy. I waited years to see them live. 


Let’s talk about why I love concerts! (or the advantages) first, You get to see your faves. Seeing the people who make you happy in real life feels like a dream come true.

Second, You get to hear your favorite song live. Hearing your favorite song live is the best! You get to feel the song and sing along with your faves. You can scream your lungs out and no one will judge you. You can jump and dance all you want and no one will judge you!! That’s why I love to go to concerts. You get to be yourself. You get to be with the people who feel the same. Next, you get to meet NEW FRIENDS!!! As an extrovert, I love meeting/ talking to the people beside me. From strangers to instant besties! It feels good to be surrounded by people who have the same interests as you. Words can’t describe how amazing music brings people together. Lastly, this is a one-of-a-kind experience. Every concert is unique. You go to your faves concert for 3 days with the same setlist, but those 3 days are very different from each other. They have different vibes every time.    



Writing about this brings back so many memories. Here are some memorable concerts that I went to:



5 Seconds of Summer (Sounds Good Feels Good Tour Manila) 

I mentioned earlier that there are concerts that are not so lively. One of the concerts that I attended was
5 Seconds of Summer’s concert. I don’t know if it’s just me or what but, I didn’t feel like they enjoyed it? As someone who watches concerts a lot, they don’t move that much on stage, but Ashton, their drummer, killed it!! He was feeling every beat and was very energetic. Also, their concert was kinda short. I wasn’t bothered by the time that much because I waited 4 years for them and I got the chance to hear Vapor live!! Such a great song <3 





Niall Horan (Flicker Tour Manila) 

I love this concert so much!!! One of the most beautiful concerts that I went to. The whole Flicker album is very beautiful (go listen to it!). When I went to Niall’s concert, I was surprised because I know all the songs that Niall sang. Not a superfan but I love his songs so much! I remember the time he sang his song “Flicker'' everyone raised gold stars. It was so beautiful! They were all singing along and no phones were raised. I’m glad that I got to witness that. Niall also sang “Fools Gold'' which is a song by One Direction. Everyone was singing along and also raised their phones with green, orange, and white lights to show Ireland’s flag. I would love to experience this beautiful concert again! 



The Maine (You Are OK Tour Manila)

One of the best crowds!!!! I love going to The Maine’s concerts so much even though I may be the youngest every time I go to one (most of the people were around 20s). It’s amazing how most of the people know each other. Even the band remembers some of their fans and I find that very cute. The You Are OK Tour was so fun! My sister’s friends were all very nice and caring. They took care of me because my sister had to leave to go to her meet and greet. When we got into the venue, almost everyone was saying hello and shouting at each other. When the concert started, everyone was shouting, jumping, and even dancing. They have a song called “Another Night On Mars” and while they were singing, everyone gathered and they had their arms over another person’s shoulder and they started singing along while swaying. That’s why I love going to their concerts. Feels like home



Day6 (Gravity in Manila)


Gravity in Manila. A crazy day! I met up with my friend. We had lunch together before lining up. I also had a fever that day because I went to a concert 3 days before and I also took my entrance exam a week before the concert. I was exhausted the whole month, but my fever will not stop me from going to Day6’s concert! Haha (please don’t copy me and take care of yourself!) I went to this concert with my classmate but I left him near the barricades because I was too weak to squeeze myself. There were a lot of people who took care of me that day even though I don’t know them. I was wearing cool fever on my forehead. People asked me if I was okay or if I needed anything. One person also gave me a pack of salonpas (pain relief patch) which, I used in the middle of the concert. I found new friends that day too! They’re both nice, and the three of us got along pretty well. The concert was super fun! The crowd was energetic, and we were jumping and dancing. OH and also, I got to see them up close! They’re so pretty! Would definitely go to another concert of Day6 again and won't regret it. I was having one of the best times of my life! 



Seventeen (Ode To You in Manila) 

My last concert before quarantine started. There were already cases of the virus when this concert happened. I was so scared to attend at first but I didn’t want to miss my chance to see them live. I remember the day before the concert, I was having a hard time because of school then suddenly Seventeen's “Smile Flower” played. I started crying HAHA I was THAT sad. 


On the day of the concert, I met up with my friend. We upgraded our tickets. When Seventeen went up the stage, everyone started screaming and chanting. I can’t explain how amazing Seventeen was! Their concert was soooooo good. Everyone was just having fun, and fans would dance along. I was surprised when they sang Smile Flower because I started bursting into tears. Seeing the people you look up to in real life while singing the song that you listen to whenever you’re falling apart, feels very comforting. Their songs solace me. I got the chance to hear “Pretty U” live (the song that got me into Seventeen) It was fun, and I started dancing along too. I’m so happy that I attended their concert! They made my 2020 bearable. 



Even though there are online concerts now, nothing can replace the feeling of going to concerts in real life. I can’t wait for the day when everything’s okay and we can all go to concerts again!


 I miss my happy place.


Comments

  1. Janvi!!! I can’t explain the joy I felt while reading your blog post. As a kuripot person, I’m definitely one who does not go to concerts that often, but I completely share the same sentiments and feelings that you’ve poured out in your post. Going to concerts is definitely an experience, and one that ends up engraved in your heart and mind for a long time. I absolutely love how personal your post was. It’s like writing in a journal; Hearing your stories about your multiple concert experiences brought me to look back on amazing experiences of my own and reflect on good memories of the past. There are a few grammatical errors that I’ve encountered, but I believe you can improve and fix those errors with a little adjusting and rereading. Despite this, I appreciate the details and pictures that you’ve added! It made it more enjoyable to read, especially with visuals included. Overall, you did a great job on this wonderful post and I only hope that you continue to share your stories in the future, Janvi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this blog gave me so much nostalgia. The way you wrote this made it feel very personal. This reminded me of how it feels like hearing music live and just singing to your heart's content. As a lover of music, this made me miss performing live as well. I appreciate how your blog invokes feeling from your readers. There are some grammatical errors, but nothing that actually disrupts the flow of your blog as a whole. Overall, you did an amazing job! I share the same sentiments with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i already love your blog topic

    I LOVE THE PICTURES U ADDED HERE hehe they’re so pretty

    i really miss concerts too omg i get how u feel where u can be excited as much as u want and no one will judge u for it

    we should definitely go to a concert together sometime!!!! AHHH i can’t believe we were both at day6’s and svt’s concert but we didn’t know each other at that time wahahaha

    i felt this blog in my heart bestie. i love how heartfelt this is and u described every experience with so much emotions it felt like you just went to the concerts a few days ago AHAHAHAHAHAH

    this blog is so cute ily

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog brought back memories of concert I went to and made me miss them. I love how personal the stories were and how honest you were while telling these stories. Although there were times when things got a little repetitive, I still enjoyed reading it and made me want to relive the times I went to concerts. All in all, it was a fun read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog was such a fun read !! Everything felt personal and full of love and the energy behind your words is very effective. Although some sentences could have been worded better, I had a great time reading it. I am also a person who used to attend loads and loads of concerts so I understood every single thing you were saying and related to the little details. From the traffic, to making new friends with those who sit next to you. It brought back a lot of memories.

    - This is Louise btw !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment